Morrill Hall was the first building constructed on the University of Nevada, Reno campus after the University relocated from Elko to Reno in 1885. Morrill Hall originally housed the entire University – everything from the president’s office and the library, to the groundskeeper’s living quarters. Morrill Hall was extensively remodeled in the 1970s and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. The building was named after U.S. Senator Justin S. Morrill of Vermont, author of the 1862 Land-Grant College Act. Today it is home to the University’s Division of Development and Alumni Relations, as well as the University of Nevada Press.