The Main Quad; by Nicole Zander - All Around Reno
1062
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-1062,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-17.1,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_top,disabled_footer_bottom,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.5.5,vc_responsive

The Main Quad; by Nicole Zander

The statue of Bonanza-era miner John Mackay stands at the quad’s north end. The lovely, giant elm trees were planted in 1908. When the University was in its infancy, it was strictly forbidden for underclassmen to ever set foot on the UNR Quad. It has been listed as a “Jeffersonian academic village” on the National Register of Historic Places, as the campus core follows Thomas Jefferson’s design for the University of Virginia Lawn.



Touch here for the phone or tablet version.