Mackay School; by Lucy Osborne - All Around Reno
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-1069,bridge-core-2.7.1,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-25.6,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_top,disabled_footer_bottom,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.7.0,vc_responsive,elementor-default,elementor-kit-1346

Mackay School; by Lucy Osborne

The Mackay School of Mines building was dedicated in 1908, along with the Mackay statue by sculptor Gutzon Borglum who would later earn fame with his project at Mount Rushmore. The building was commissioned by Clarence Mackay, son of mining tycoon John William Mackay, and designed by the noted New York architectural firm of McKim, Mead, and White.

Touch here for the phone or tablet version.